Its Spring time again and summer is almost here. Allergies and Asthma symptoms increase when the weather starts to change and can play a major role in health and comfort for you and your family. Here are just a few things you can do to reduce the amount of allergens in your home naturally.
- Turn on the AC system – this can reduce the amount of allergens in the home and help to increase indoor air quality. Of course, make sure the system is functioning properly by having it maintained, keep your windows and doors closed, and always remember to replace the system filter each month.
- Run your System Fan – Running the fan on your hvac system in combination with a good clean quality air filter can help to reduce airborne allergens in the home.
- Wash up after coming indoors– If you are outside for a large portion of the day, change your clothes when you get home and take a shower to rinse off any pollen that may be on your skin and clothes, especially your hair.
- Keep your pets clean – Pets that have been outdoors should be kept clean by bathing them to rinse off any pollen or allergens that can be brought into the home.
- Maintain the Humidity in the Home – High humidity in the home can aggravate allergies and asthma symptoms by creating a breeding ground for mold and insects.
- Proper Ventilation – Turning on bathroom exhaust fans when taking showers and using exhaust fans when cooking can help reduce the humidity in the home to create a more comfortable environment.
There are many solutions available today that can provide better indoor air quality including advanced air filtration, dehumidifiers, and air scrubbers . Give us a call today at 610-873-1244 to learn more.