You’ve dusted off the patio furniture and outdoor toys. You’ve taken the beach chairs out of hibernation and stocked up on sunscreen and, just in case, aloe-based lotion. And that’s just a small part of your summer time ritual.
But here’s the question: is your home as ready for summer for as you are? You see, just as you deep clean in the spring or have your heating system inspected in the fall, it’s equally important to make sure your home is prepared for the hot summer months ahead.
So here’s a handy checklist to help you accomplish that goal:
- Thoroughly clean all interior and exterior windows and inspect for cracks and gaps that could let water and bugs in.
- Trim back hedges and tree limbs, especially those near your outdoor condensing unit.
- Inspect your attic, basement or crawlspace for signs of water damage and termites.
- Power wash your deck and check for loose floor boards or railings.
- Clean out dryer vents, and check that all hoses are connected properly.
- Seal cracks in driveways and walk ways.
- Inspect your roof for loose or damaged shingles.
- Make sure downspouts are positioned at least 3 feet away from the foundation of your home.
- Check all garden hoses and spigots for leaks.
And how about your central AC system – you know, the one you depend on morning, noon, and night for cool, comfortable indoor conditions? Has it had its annual cleaning and inspection? If not, now is the perfect time to contact DiBiase Heating & Cooling for AC preventative maintenance at its best. Annual service is essential for optimum system performance, lower energy costs, reduced indoor humidity, and a longer system lifespan.