New & Replacement Water Heaters in Downingtown, Exton & Chester Springs, PA and the Surrounding Areas
A Whole New Era is Dawning in Water Heater Design and Energy Efficiency.
Water heater installation, service, and repairs have long been part of our service offerings.
But never before have we witnessed the kind of sweeping changes in water heater design now unfolding as the result of a federal government program called NAECA (National Appliance Energy Conservation Act.)
Here’s what the changes that take effect on April 16, 2015, mean to you:
- Storage tank gas and electric water heaters under 55 gallons will be more energy efficient than their predecessors and about 2” taller and wider”.
- Conventional storage tank water heaters over 55 gallons will no longer be manufactured. Gas condensing water heaters are replacing conventional gas systems, and electric hybrid heat pump water heaters are replacing electric water heater systems.
Some of the signs your hot water heater is going out include:
- Cloudy looking or rusty smelling water.
- Improper heating of water or fluctuation of temperature.
- You hear unusual noises coming from the tank.
If your hot water heater is over 10 years old and you are experiencing these issues, you may want to consider having it replaced. There are many replacement options, including tankless water heaters, which cost more initially but are more energy efficient in the long run. To learn more about replacing your hot water heater, contact us.
On average, it costs around $500-$1,500 to replace a hot water heater. The price can vary depending on:
- The model you want installed.
- Whether it is a tank or tankless system.
- Contractor fees for removal of the old hot water heater.
Tankless water heaters are a more expensive option, but they are more energy efficient and will lower your monthly energy bills, providing you savings in the long run. To speak to one of our professionals about replacing your hot water heater, give us a call.
If you have a tank water heater, you should consider getting it replaced around the 10 year mark. If it is a tankless water heater, you may want to consider having it replaced after 15-20 years. Your water heater’s lifespan can vary greatly depending how well-maintained it is. Contact us today to learn more about replacing your hot water heater.
A standard tank hot water heater typically has a lifespan of 10-15 years. However, if you have a tankless hot water heater, it can last 20 years. Regardless of the type of hot water heater you have though, regular maintenance will ensure that it lives up to its full life expectancy. An improperly maintained hot water will most likely not last its full lifespan. Call DiBiase Heating & Cooling Company today to discuss whether you should repair or replace your hot water heater!
Hot Water Heater Installation Downingtown
As a result of the NAECA changes, DiBiase now offers you these options for new and replacement water heaters:
- High-efficiency gas and electric storage tank water heaters under 55 gallons in capacity.
- Gas condensing water heaters.
- Electric hybrid heat pump water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters.
Not only do you have more choices than ever before, but different choices than what you’re accustomed to. Contact DiBiase Heating & Cooling today for a clear and full explanation of your options, along with a new system quote.
Home Water Heater Service Downingtown, PA | Home Water Heater Repairs Downingtown
At DiBiase, we service and repair all makes and models of water heaters…and yes, even your conventional style gas or electric water heater.
Bottom line, if you’re not getting the amount and consistent flow of hot water you need for your family, day in and day out, contact DiBiase now for:
- Prompt and accurate troubleshooting
- Guaranteed upfront price quote
- Warranty on parts and labor
- Your satisfaction guaranteed